make a big ol' leaf pile that you can jump in and have fun like a kid! Well, something like that! I was thinking, (I know, oh oh, Jen was thinking) I hope my children enjoy themselves growing up. I called my dad today and asked him if he remembered his 35th birthday because I'm turning 35 in a couple of weeks and I distinctly remember him saying, 'Well, half my life is over'. I want my children to remember and speak kind words about me when they are older. I want to give them good memories. If they were to critique me now, I would be in big trouble. Mom doesn't play with me, mom is always busy, mom works a lot, mom doesn't let me _______ (fill in the blank) . . . so I'm going to figure out how I can change some things to make mom be the best mom she can be!
My mom was and is a very good friend to me, but I didn't know how to respect her properly. Hopefully, I can be good friends with my children and teach them to respect not only David and I but also others. I started this year by reminding Rebecca to 'treat others as she would want to be treated'. I think I'm going to focus on that for a while, because after all . . . that is the Golden Rule!
So when life gives you leaves, make a big ol' leaf pile and let everyone jump in it and act like a kid!
Strange how a big mound of dead, decaying plant matter can make humans so happy and playful! (deep thought for the day)!
No comments:
Post a Comment