Friday, January 28, 2011

I'm baaack!

Nice to be back, but I think I may have lost something while I was gone . . . oh, here, here it is . . . my sanity!  Lots has happened while I was away . . . let's see!  Dave and I are taking a Financial Peace University course learning how to budget, save and prosper financially and in our marriage . . . this is a plus/positive.  Rebecca learned how to ride a 2 wheel bike WITHOUT training wheels . . . YEA!  We've established a reward chart for the kids . . . for Rebecca - no talking back, no whining, no throwing fits, emptying room garbages, emptying silverware from dishwasher, cleaning room nightly, piano lessons, picking up her items around the house nightly, and folding clothes are on her task list, with each sticker comes a different amount all added and paid on Sundays . . . for Christian - brushing teeth, no time outs, picking up, and emptying silverware from the dishwasher with his sister are on his task list.  So far, Rebecca is trying to do what she can to get the most stickers which means the most $ on Sunday and Christian wants to brush his teeth to put a sticker on his chart.

On to the stuff that made me realize that I am not exempt from trials . . . Friday night as Rebecca was having her first classmate sleepover I was trying to view examples of chore charts and  my computer obtained several viruses, Saturday morning after Dave went to work I discovered that our hot water heater busted, working short handed at work all week,  finally receiving a medical report on Dave's shoulder from 2 yrs ago saying that he probably should have had surgery in 2008 to repair his really messed up and painful shoulder, and to top it off . . . still unknowingly my dad upset me.  Still working on resolving my bad feelings with this last one!

But I have to say through all of the other situations, Dave and I seemed to have glided through semi-gracefully with more appreciation for those who find themselves in these situations without the peace of God.

In closing please pray for healing in Dave's shoulder and in his mom's hip!

And thank you for encouragement and thoughtfulness from the friends and family who constantly remind us that relationships are important and to be cherished!

No comments:

Post a Comment