Monday, March 14, 2011

It's happening . . .

 . . . the inevitable is happening . . . the day I never thought would come . . . the one I could never picture in my mind . . . well it's been happening all a long but I tried to ignore the fact that my children are growing and maturing and becoming more independent . . . aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!

   I've always told Dave I can see myself the mother of a baby, but never a mother of a child who is a toddler much less a child that barely needs your hand when you cross the street together.  Now look at me the mom of a toddler and a 6, almost 7, year old who lost her 1st tooth today, writes I love Justin Bieber on her bookmarks, and kinda has a boyfriend at school . . . Mason (she's known him since she was 2, in fact he was at her 2nd birthday party).  So at least she's known him for a while before she kinda makes him her boyfriend.

  I'm scared in all honesty . . . am I guiding them in the right directions, leading them like I should, correcting them correctly.  I feel so absent from my family because of my full time job, but this is my life, this is our life, so I must make the best of it.  I wonder sometimes, though, 'Am I making the best of it?' 

  Rebecca even wants to go to a slumber birthday party this weekend and is talking on the phone to her classmate more than I remember talking on the phone in 1st grade.  Of course, she is reading a lot more and a lot better than I ever read in 1st grade.  Truthfully she is very intelligent and I pray that she will have more common sense that I had as a child.

  Christian is communicating wonderfully, interacting well with others, loves his one on one time, and doing some unwanted 2 yr old things!  But this is normal, I know!

  So this is my life and I'm LOVING IT!   


P.S.  Look out for the Tooth Fairy tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment