Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Get rid of it!

Don't you just wish you could get rid of it!  You know that stinky, weigh-you-down, smelly, pile-up-on-you, rotten garbage!  Lately, I've been feeling bogged down by junk, not physical junk, but thoughtlessness, other's bad moods, negativity, budgetting, needless worries junk!  You  know what I mean?

So I ask myself, 'Self, how am I going to get rid of this garbage?'  And I realized there is one and only one solution . . . Give it to God, Let Go and Let God, Stop try to do it in my power!  Yes, I know that was 3, but it was 3-n-1(hahaha).

So I must focus on goodness, kindness, love, and peace.  Rebecca and I made a list to put on the fridge tonight after we had a lengthy discussion at dinner.  The discussion was about trying to act like God wants us to act.  I reminded her something she knows by heart . . . "If mom or dad tells you 'no', it's not to be mean, but to" . . . and I say, 'to what Rebecca?' and she says, 'it's to keep me safe'!  I also told her a story . . . before she was born I prayed if God gave us another child that I would do my best to help him/her live like God wants him/her to live and that I would do my best as a parent to raise my child with Him.

I've been noticing a lot of whining, yelling, and things God wouldn't be proud of in our home lately and so here is the list Rebecca and I made:

     Respecting One Another

Listen
Obey
Speak nicely
Put others 1st
Treat others as you want to be treated*

The last (we agreed) was the most important and Rebecca said she thinks obey is the next important.

I HATE, yes, HATE taking things, opportunities, people, experiences for granted.  I pray that God guides me to take every opportunity I can to be a better role model and parent for my children, better wife for my husband and to treat others as I want to be treated.

Already March, wow, where does the time go?  It goes here and there, but I definitely don't want to waste it on garbage!

No comments:

Post a Comment