This is how my last couple of weeks have gone! I will set the story up for you . . . so the BIG storm is coming with wind and rain . . . I have no gutters at the moment because they were being replaced . . . my PRECIOUS new seedlings sit right under the roof line . . . I get home at 6 pm . . . it's starting to drizzle already . . . I search the garage for a tarp and all I come up with is a poncho . . . I arm myself with scissors, the poncho, electrical tape and more stakes . . . I manage to cover my zucchini, wax bean and sunflower seedlings with the poncho cut just right which is taped to the stakes. The gusts are so bad that David sends me and the kids to the bathroom during the tornado warning/watch. We use are time wisely . . . Christian gets bathed and Rebecca gets her toenails clipped. The next morning, I creep to the backyard with apprehension at what I may find and to my dismay . . . the downpour of rain off the roof has not affected my PRECIOUS plants, but . . . the dreaded poncho has come loose and whipped my wax beans to their death.
Well, at least the poncho thought it had won, but no . . . I never give up on PRECIOUS life . . . I stand those puppies up and pile dirt around the weak stems that are nearly severed, in hope that they will mend themselves back to wholeness. Low and behold, 2 of my wax beans plants, out of the 4 left for dead, are surviving. Praise God!
This goes to show . . . even when you put a lot of effort into something you think is the right thing to do and it doesn't turn out the way you want or thought it should be . . . it probably was not God's will to begin with. So be careful what you focus all of your time and energy on, pray and ask God if what you are doing is what He wants you to do. If I would have really thought about it a little more, instead of becoming frantic about covering the plants, I would have realized that my PRECIOUS seedlings had been well rooted for 2 wks and the downpour would have soaked them heavily, but would not have beheaded them like the evil poncho.
Happy Spring! Death turned into Life!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment