Sunday, May 22, 2011

Gooch's: Milestones, celebration, and changes

It's good to know that people who love me actually read my blog and are excited to see into the Gooch's lives!  Some updates . . .
  my precious baby girl turned 7 on Friday and also got glasses last week!
The glasses are to help her focus when
she is doing any thing that requires near vision.  She likes them and picked purple frames, because there were no pink ones to fit her face.


    Her birthday started amazingly!  Dry marker messages on the mirrors in the house, streamers hanging from her door, and more streamers throughout the house!  7 presents lined the hallway!  Off to work and school the family went, I pull into the parking garage near work . . . and a phone call from Rebecca's school!  The office staff asks, "Is Rebecca allergic to guinea pigs?"  I say, "Not that I know of, why?"  She says, "Well, Rebecca went with Julia to a class where she was playing with the guinea pig and she has hives all over her face, one of her eyes is swollen and she has more hives on her arm, so could you please get some benadryl here as soon as possible?"  My heart was broken . . . I didn't want Rebecca to remember her 7th birthday this way, but she did get to leave school, visit me at work, didn't have to get a shot, and returned back to school to celebrate her birthday with ice cream, oreo sprinkles, and gummies!  We also celebrated her birthday at home that evening.  Dave even stayed home from pool!

  Back to the 1st sentence about people that love me . . . I'm so thankful for people that truly have me and my family at the center of their hearts and often in their thoughts!  Those people have an unselfish way of expressing their love and thoughtfulness that I hope I can extend more often to others!

  So summer's here . . .end of school for Rebecca, summer camp will be starting, VBS around the corner, quick weekend at the beach for Father's day planned (Dave is to play in a pool playoff or something), sprinklers and fun water items come out of hiding, hopefully a garage sale will come together, and possibly another neighborhood bbq before hurricane season.  The one thing I wasn't expecting to deal with is my boss resigning . . . but change is inevitable . . . so best foot forward, positive attitude, and again, 'Do my best and forget the rest!'

  Oh, yes, Christian started a new daycare . . . we love it!  Teachers are amazing and a great curriculum!  Having to put together a lunch everyday for him is a bummer though, but at least I know exactly what he is eating.

   We redid the front gardens and put rocks around the back of the garage and side of the house!  Looks very nice!  No zucchini, wax beans, or watermelon yet, but we have a SUNFLOWER!

1 comment: